I slept my way into Mother's Day with Ambien induced memory loss. On Saturday night at 905 pm, Kurt and I left Hawaii with heavy hearts and empty stomachs for an overnight flight home. We had planned to get food at the airport, but that did not work out. After hours of wriggling in my seat every which way, I realised I was not going to get a second of sleep. Nauseous from hunger, I ate the only food I had - half a chocolate bar- and washed it down with 10 mg of Ambien in a panic. The effect was astounding. Not only did I sleep, but I cannot recall but small blurry snippets of when I was "awake". Kurt tells me I did get off the plane in Los Angeles, and back on another. Apparently I promptly lay across someone elses' chair and went back to sleep. The confused gentleman whose chair I was occupying walked back and forth contemplating his next move. Kurt pretended he did not know me and thought the guy might just sit somewhere else. I am afraid I have to tell you Kurt's version... because I simply do not have one. When we arrived in Dallas I woke up wondering if we were in LA!
I could not wait to see my babies, who showered me with the kind of stuff that Mother's Day is made of... cards and pictures, smiles and kisses... hugs and happiness. Then we all took a nap. That may have been the best mothers day ever;) Great to be home.
Tuesday, May 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment