One of our last nights in Gresham we spent at the Wilsons. Dinner was great (in true Shannon style) and I was inspired to attempt more family dinners sitting arround the table.
On Wednesday all our STUFF arrived ( We were expecting it on Saterday but it was held up by "weather" somewhere in between Portland and Texas). Our dining table arrived (an Ikea "jokkmok") and despite being knee deep in boxes we made enough space to sit around the table for family dinner. I cannot lie and say it was all peaches and cream. Most of our conversation consisted of trying to convince Julia to stay in her chair and keep her feet off the table. The rest consisted of pleas to eat food interspersed with a few polite phrases about the day. Mila did say "thank you for the nice food, mom." This warmed my heart and stopped me from throttling her a few moments later when she refused to eat the rosemary bread because it was "disgusting"! I cannot remember what we ate besides bread and salad, but I really enjoyed the salad. I am going to try to keep up with dinner at the table.
Today I think I found out how the 10 goldfish that were supposed to be in our pond became 4. Out of the corner of my eye I saw what looked like a fish eagle perched on the stone in the pond. I did a very limited amount of research online and apparently there are Herons in this area... I need to do a little more research to find out if fish eagles are Herons... or even look like Herons? But I suspect "whatever it was," thinks gold fish are pretty tasty. Mila has placed a little plastic garden ornament bee that came with us from Portland next to the pond. It is the Protector of the Fish.
Thursday, February 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment