Kurt left on Thursday morning for South Africa. He will be gone for 3 weeks ... and is missed already. His brother, Dieter, gets married next Saturday to Raquel. We are so excited for them.
Tonight, after a fun-filled day of park-going and playdates with friends ... and even dinner at friends... we pulled into the garage and Mila saw Kurt's car and exclaimed "PAPA". It took her a split second for her to realise that the car was always here (because we dropped Kurt off at the airport) .... and the tears of realisation soon became gut wrenching sobs of longing. I let her cry, cuddling her and then sent her to brush her teeth before bed. It was then that I heard her bawling "All I want for christmas is (sniff) Papa". Well, it was a good cry. During the commotion Liam threw his hands into the air (we all respond by throwing our arms up and shouting YAY.... like a wave ... it is a sure way for Liam to make everyone smile and get everyones attention.) But no smile from Mila tonight. So he dived on top of her and gave her a slobbery kiss. Who could resist a smile to that - not even Mila. Then 2 minutes later while she was wailing through brushing her teeth, I heard her saying to Julia : You cannot make me feel better Julia, unless you can magic Papa back!
It was time for bed and Cinderella was the story of choice. Tears were over and Mila's best thing of the day: almost everything: gym, park, playdate, dinner ... worst part: crying because she missed Papa. Julia's best: gym. Worst: tidying up!
Saturday, January 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
I miss you too Mila. I miss you all so very much. You are all constantly on my mind. I loved you before, now I love you even more than before and I love you more each day. My fondest memories include: "Once upon a time there three little children. Two little girls named Mila and Julia and a little boy named Liam. They lived with the beautiful Mama and their handsome Papa...".
I miss you, I love you!
Papa Kurt
THANK YOU Mila for allowing your Pappa to be with us for Uncle Dieter's wedding. I know that it is wonderful for us but, at the same time, very sad for you because he is not with you. You will see how quickly the 3 weeks do go by though.
Love yoou dearly, Oumi and Oupa
THANK YOU Mila, Julia and Liam for allowing your Pappa to come to South Africa for Uncle Dieter's wedding. I know that it is going to be very hard for you but also know that it is hard for your Pappa not to be able to give you hugs and kisses before you go to bed, but 3 weeks will go by real quick.
Will always love you, Oumi
This post made me get teary-eyed. What a wonderful testament to how good of a "papa" Kurt is to his children. You guys are blessed to have children who's deepest desire is to be with their parents.
Stacey
Post a Comment